The accumulated years of slouched spinal posture, looking at the screen, and sitting are sources of health paranoia for almost 80% of the workforce whose jobs do not involve regular physical activity. And then there is typing and writing. The stress over long deskbound workdays is often crystalized in fear of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), a wrist ailment associated with repetitive hand activities.
What is Carpal Tunnel?
Capital tunnel syndrome is a series of symptoms that are often triggered by pressure on the median nerve that runs from the wrist to the forearm and controls the thumb and first three fingers. The carpal tunnel is a thin passage of ligament and bones, positioned at the base of your hand.
Quite often, the irritated nerves and tendons swell the lining of the tunnel and compress the median nerve. This results in weakness and numbness in the wrist and the palm, and forearm. Wearing copper carpal tunnel gloves can help relieve the worst symptoms by ensuring better blood flow and supplying adequate oxygen.
What are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
The symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome generally begin with weakness and numbness gradually paving the way for:
- Frequent inflammation and itchiness in the fingers and palm
- Reduced grip power and difficulty grasping small objects
- Severe pain and occasional numbness
- Not able to execute labor-intensive tasks
Who has More Chances of Developing Carpal Tunnel?
- Working women of age 45 – 60 years are at an increased risk of developing carpal tunnel syndrome.
- People who have had a wrist fracture or suffered a dislocation.
- An individual suffering from rheumatoid arthritis or other inflammatory diseases
- Diabetes patients.
- People who have a nerve-damaging condition
- Professionals involved in work that exerts repeated pressure on the wrist for a long period
In order to avoid long-term damage to the median nerve, carpal tunnel treatment should begin as soon as possible.
Why is Copper Gloves one of the best treatment solutions for Carpal Tunnel patients?
Copper-infused gloves protect patients against infectious diseases caused by pathogenic microorganisms. The best gloves for carpal tunnel are entirely durable, made using 100% pure copper, anti-odor, and anti-microbial. The combination of compression and copper in these compression gloves make it ideal for carpal tunnel patients because:
- Copper-infused gloves help alleviate inflammation and decrease the discomfort caused by stiff muscles and joints.
- Fingerless copper-infused gloves reduce the pain and stiffness in your fingers and thumbs and allow you to feel, touch, type, and grasp objects without any hassle.
- Copper gloves for carpal tunnel reduce joint inflammation by regulating the blood flow and oxygen supply.